Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Burberry To Marc-Fall/Winter Must Haves

When I saw these amazing creations I literally had to hold back tears of pure excitement. Army/Great Gatsby/30's-40's Perfection....This seasons inspirations are the things my fashion dreams are made of.  
Growing up my greatest inspirations were my Great Grandmother for her perfect linen skirts, fabulous stilettos, gowns that made me lay awake at night fantasizing of the sleek parties they were worn to, a dressing room fit for Elizabeth Taylor and her untouchable air of sophistication even though she was just a girl from Fort Lee New Jersey.  My other great inspiration was my Grandmother.  Although her style was no where near her mothers sleekness, she had a way with risks that I admired.  She loved bows, baubles, heels, skirts, bags, jewelry and coats....mmmm, they are still one of my favorite things to collect.  
Every adventure my grandmother took she always returned with some amazing treasure for me, whether it was a great mood ring from Mexico with a beautiful bead set in the center or a wonderful brocade dress. 
I remember being a very young girl and walking in my grandmothers heels everywhere.  I was maybe about 2 when I mastered the art of strutting and was lucky because my tiny grandmother wore a size 5 1/2.  
She was the one who brought me to all of the great stores, understood how important it was to me to have the perfect fitting jeans and the best camel hair coat.  
Those 2 women, even if they didn't know it laid my fashion foundation and to them I will forever be grateful.  
This seasons styles pay homage to those great women who showed me the way and these are the creations I grew to love and gravitate towards.
Over-sized shearling collars. I can't even take it.

Who knew a down to there V Neck could be so fantastic.

I'm crying just thinking about the simple white shirt,cuffed GAP jeans and flats I would wear with this coat.

      
When I saw this photo in Haarper's I couldn't bring myself to turn the page....I just stared and then caught myself running my hand over the page as if to drink the creation in through my fingertips.

Ugh, I love this too much.

I cry over this coat thats how badly I want it to be mine.

How women haven't been wearing this style has my mind boggled.  Everything about it screams gorgeous, glamorous, mysterious and powerful.

MMMM, a three piece suit is perfection.




Mustard yellow dress and shearling lined booties.  Please, put me out of my misery now if they can't be mine!








1 comment:

  1. My love, these words are heartfelt, well crafted, and sincere. You are not only a fabulous fashion guru but you are also an accomplished writer and wordsmith. This is why I married you. Please give us more of these amazing words! I can't wait to read your memoirs one day... I love you.
    baboo

    ReplyDelete