Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tattoo for me & you...


As soon as I posted the picture of this quote I knew that I wanted it permanently placed on my body. I had no idea the origin of it (details never were for me, but its the title to a Smith's song which is pretty cool) Regardless of where it came from, it resonated with me because my name means light and as an artist (or rather a human being with feelings hahaha) I am frequently plagued by self doubt, a bit of depression and am constantly struggling with the idea of living in an aesthetically unattractive area forever to make relevant art....so it's a reminder to myself that I have a light inside of me and it's not going anywhere so I have to deal. A little self tough love I suppose...It was a wonderful adventure with my husband who got 3 stars for me and the boys and a night I'll remember forever, even if I did have 2 glasses of wine before we went.

2 comments:

  1. You truly are a light my love, the light of my life, certainly, but a light in the darkness for others as well. And this is beautifully written and a wonderfully constructed bit of introspection and self-examination. It is not an easy thing to do, to look inside of one's self and explore, and poke, and see what works and what doesn't, but when you do it well, like you do, it can be so rewarding. You are so honest and perfect, I seek everyday to emulate you and be more in touch with my soul. Love you darling.
    Your Husband,
    BOBBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my darling.....I wish I could be a cheerier person for you...I love you so much....

    ReplyDelete