Monday, August 16, 2010

Ouch! Oxfords NOOO!

I wore my beautiful Oxfords to a play where we had to walk around the financial district and find clues.  I knew my shoes were a little snug, but I decided to wear them anyway. What was I thinking!?!? I had to stop and buy flats so I could actually walk to dinner. My husband offered to carry me...I was wearing non stretch jeans so that wasn't happening.  Have you ever had leather shoes that were a bit snug and you were able to stretch them out? I actually have a shoe stretcher but that only seems to do so much.  I'm open to suggestions.  

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! I too have shoes that I cant seem to stretch! they were not comfortable not even for a day in the office!... Btw was the play Accomplice? I did that one back in may and it was soo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try the rubbing alcohol and water solution and see if I can stretch them a bit more. The play was The Live In Theater "The Ryan Case". It was actually really fun....if I just would have had a better pair of shoes on it would have been awwwwesome. Ill have to check out the Accomplice. Live in theater also has a 1970s interactive play where everyone has to dress up in 70's gear. Im totally going to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! I'll check it out.. and I am going to take the rubbing alcohol water solution tip and see if I can get them alil more stretched!

    ReplyDelete